Westfield provides premium relief for personal insurance auto customers
Life changed, and the country and our customers made changes to keep families and our communities safe. Staying home and off the roads means fewer auto accidents, and that’s a good thing. At Westfield, we believe one good turn deserves another - customers are driving less, so, during this unprecedented time, we think they should pay less for their personal auto insurance.
Premium Relief for Personal Insurance Auto Customers
Westfield Personal Auto customers will receive a 15 percent credit of their eligible monthly auto premium* for the months of April, May, and June 2020. Customers with an active Personal Auto policy as of April 30, 2020, will receive the full credit to their account in the month of May 2020. We’ll take care of the paperwork; agents and customers won’t have to do a thing.
In addition, Westfield will:
- Continue to offer flexibility for payments from customers facing difficulties from COVID-19 pandemic and has suspended all cancellations and late fees from March 20 through May 31, 2020, or longer if required in individual states.
- Provide coverage to customers with a Personal Auto policy who are engaged in delivery of essential goods, including food delivery. Any personal auto policy language that excludes coverage for delivery of goods will be temporarily modified through June 30, 2020.
- Waive the limit for Additional Living Expenses for customers who have experienced a claim that requires them to relocate from their residence where repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent state shut down orders. This limit will be waived for claims occurring through June 30, 2020.
- Waive the limit for rental reimbursement for customers who have an insured vehicle in for personal auto repairs as a result of a claim and repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent state shut down orders. This limit will be waived for claims occurring through June 30, 2020.
- Reassess this timeline on an ongoing basis, in the event of a prolonged period of state mandated shutdowns.
Providing Options and Support for Commercial Customers
Since each business is being impacted differently as a result of the pandemic, our teams are working directly with you to provide options and solutions to help commercial customers. We are also offering flexible billing solutions and have suspended the current term endorsement activity on sales/payroll changes as the result of prior term audits to help during this time.
Partnership for a strong tomorrow
The Westfield Insurance Foundation is helping communities in Northeast Ohio and across the country by donating nearly $1.5 million dollars to nonprofit partners focused on family stability and disaster recovery.
Find more details regarding the premium relief effort: Personal Auto Premium Relief Fact Sheet. As always, you can find the most current updates and answers to your coronovirus questions on our COVID-19 Agency Resource Page.
Thank you for your continued engagement, support and partnership with Westfield. We will get through this together!
* Subject to regulatory approval