Services to Help Expedite Care and Manage Costs
From the moment a customer reports a workplace injury, Westfield has a variety of programs and services in place, all with one goal — to achieve excellent outcomes. Here are some of the services we offer that help workers recover and return to work in a way that is safe for them and cost effective for business owners.
- Workers’ Compensation Severity Model: The insights gained from this advanced industry analytics tool help ensure the right actions are taken at the right time. This enables our claims team to maximize recovery outcomes, which can lead to lower claims costs.
- Workers’ Compensation Health Ticket: Westfield automatically issues a health ticket to injured workers. Think of it like a health insurance card but connected to our network of preferred provider programs. If an injured worker uses our programs, they can expect expedited care at a preferred price.
- Nurse Case Management: Westfield offers a network of more than 1,500 registered nurses, many of whom are bilingual, to help workers who are injured on the job. This program includes three key services: telephonic nurse case management, field nurse case management, and catastrophic case management.
- Medical Bill Review: Through analytics, networks, negotiations, and lots of due diligence, we help make sure that optimal care is delivered at a reasonable cost.
- Utilization Review: This process helps ensure health care services are being used appropriately and efficiently. We use a national network of licensed professionals who meet specific supervisory and jurisdictional guidelines to conduct and deliver a complete review of recommended treatment plans for medical necessity, frequency, and duration.
Outstanding Claims Experience
Our claims and customer care teams provide empathetic, efficient, and professional care from the first notice of injury. Because they carry manageable caseloads, our claims professionals can offer the proactive attention business owners and injured workers deserve. Plus, we make communication easy with the ability for injured workers and claims professionals to communicate via text. Westfield is continually developing ways to enhance our claims experience.