Westfield Privacy Promise
Effective: 2020 January 1
We are committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes the personal information we collect about you and how we use it. This privacy promise applies to all our Westfield insurance companies.
- We gather information directly from you 1 , from your transactions with us and from outside sources.
- We use your information only to provide insurance to you, to investigate and resolve claims or to improve the products and services we offer.
- We will share your information with the independent agent or insurance broker that you chose.
- We share your information with third-parties who help us deliver services to you.
- We do not sell your personal information. We do not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes.
- We take measures to protect your information while it is in our custody. We require the third-parties who help us to protect your information, too.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in order to quote and service your insurance policy and to investigate and pay claims. This includes:
- Information from your application and other forms (such as your name, address, date of birth, email address, driver's license number and type of vehicle or property).
- Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others (such as your insurance coverages, limits and rates, payment and claims history and information needed for billing and payment).
- Information from third parties (such as your driving record, claims history with other insurers and credit information).
- Information about your online interactions with us (such as your IP address, the kind of device you used, the time of your visit to our site and pages visited). We use this information to deliver online services to you and/or to evaluate and improve our services.
Information about Minors
We do not sell to or intentionally communicate with children under the age of 13. We may request specific information about a child from parents in order to properly quote an insurance policy, verify identities or deliver requested transactions. We do not retain information about minors other than what is necessary to deliver requested services.
Information We Disclose
We do not sell or rent your personal information. We disclose your information to third-parties only as permitted by law:
- To process transactions that you request or to service your policy.
- To investigate and pay claims.
- To prevent fraud.
- To perform marketing services on our behalf. (We do NOT allow third-parties to use the information they receive from us to market on their own or anyone else's behalf.)
- To comply with legal requirements.
Recipients include employees within our family of insurance companies, claims representatives, insurance agents or brokers, service providers, auditors, consumer reporting agencies, government agencies, law enforcement and the courts.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and outside services providers who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. Their use of information is restricted by law, by our employee code of conduct and by written agreements where appropriate. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state regulations to guard your information.
If you believe you have found a security issue with one of our products or services, please report it to InfosecAlerts@WestfieldGRP.com as quickly as possible. Please describe the issue in as much detail as possible, including the date and time you discovered the issue and how to reproduce the issue. Screenshots and videos can be especially helpful. Please also include your name and contact information in case we need additional detail.
Cookies and Internet Tracking
We may collect data about your use of our services using small files known as cookies 2. We may also collect data that your browser sends to us, such as your IP address 3, browser type, location, language, access time and the website addresses you came from to find us. We use that data to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track movements around the site and to gather demographic data about our visitor base as a whole.
We currently use the following cookies:
|Strictly necessary cookies||
||These cookies are necessary to offer the basic functionalities of our site, to deliver the services you request, and to remember your cookie settings.|
||Third party cookies used for load balancing, caching, content management, and third party authentication.|
||These cookies collect data to help us understand how our visitors use the site and how we can improve the site.|
|Third-party targeting and advertising cookies, including social media sharing.||
||These cookies collect data about the user's browsing habits in order to provide advertising relevant to the user's interests.|
We also use de-identified aggregate information to measure readers' interest in and use of various areas of the site and of the programs we administer. Although we may share this aggregate information with third parties, none of this information will allow anyone to identify you or to determine anything personal about you.
Social Media and Online Engagement
We sometimes use new technologies, including social media, to communicate with customers, potential customers, employees and potential employees. These sites and applications include things we develop ourselves and certain third-party platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Instagram. Those third-party websites and applications are not operated or controlled by us. When using those services, you may reveal personal information to us and to third parties. Please carefully read the privacy policies of those third-party platforms before posting any non-public information.
Our employees will not use, share or retain your personal information from a social media or other third-party service except as necessary to respond to a specific message or request from you, to provide services to you, or to comply with legal requirements.
If you end your relationship with us, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this privacy promise for as long as we have your information.
California residents have the right to request an accounting of information which we hold about you, the right to request that we not sell your information and the right to request that we amend or delete your information. We may not (and will not) retaliate against you for exercising any of these rights. These rights are limited by, among other things, our obligations to comply with insurance regulations, statutes and other legal requirements. Call our Privacy Office at 1.800.243.0249 or click Do Not Sell My Personal Information to submit a request relevant to those rights.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our privacy promise, you may contact us by email at Privacy@WestfieldGRP.com or by mail to Privacy Officer, Westfield Insurance, One Park Circle, PO Box 5001, Westfield Center, OH 44251
1 For a personal lines policy, this could include information from the head of household or other family member buying insurance that covers you. For a commercial lines policy, this could include information from your company's representative.
2 A cookie is a small amount of data sent to your computer or mobile phone and stored on your device's browser or hard drive.
3 Every computer that connects to the internet is assigned an Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We use your IP address to maintain contact with you and to provide you information as you navigate through our website. We also use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server and to administer the site.
4 Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. We use it to help us understand how you and other visitors use our website. Read more about how Google stores and uses our web-traffic information at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.