Westfield Privacy Promise for B2B
Effective: 2023 January 1
This privacy promise applies to all contractors, consultants, vendors and other business partners whose personally-identifiable information is collected by any of our Westfield Insurance Companies. We are committed to protecting your privacy. This notice describes the personal information we collect about you and how we use it.
- We collect some information about you from your employer in order to identify and authenticate you as a business partner.
- We may also gather information directly from you, from your interactions with us and from outside sources.
- We share your information only as required by law or as necessary for you to deliver your services to us or to our customers. This may include third-parties who help us deliver services.
- We do not sell your personal information. We do not share your information with other companies for their marketing purposes.
- We take measures to protect your information while it is in our custody. We require the third-parties who help us to protect your information, too.
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in order to identify and authenticate you as a business partner and to facilitate the services that you deliver to Westfield and/or our customers. This includes:
- Information from you or your employer (such as your name, employer, title, CV, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Information about your interactions with us, our affiliates or other hosts of Westfield systems (such as statements of work, contract performance, systems access, the IP address you connected from, the kind of device you used, the times of your visits to our systems or facilities, etc.)
- Information from third parties (such as due diligence reports).
Information about Minors
We do not intentionally contract minors
Information We Disclose
We do not sell or rent your personal information. We disclose your information to third-parties only as permitted by law:
- To process transactions or grant access necessary for your performance of the contract, purchase order or statement of work.
- To prevent fraud or investigate security incidents.
- To perform marketing services on our behalf. (We do NOT allow third-parties to use the information they receive from us to market on their own or anyone else's behalf.)
- To comply with legal requirements.
Potential recipients include employees within our family of insurance companies, service providers, auditors, government agencies, law enforcement and the courts.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and outside services providers who need to know that information in order to provide services to you or to enable your provision of services to us. Their use of information is restricted by law, by our employee code of conduct and by written agreements where appropriate. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state regulations to guard your information.
If you believe you have found a security issue with one of our products or services, please report it to InfosecAlerts@WestfieldGRP.com as quickly as possible. Please describe the issue in as much detail as possible, including the date and time you discovered the issue and how to reproduce the issue. Screenshots and videos can be especially helpful. Please also include your name and contact information in case we need additional detail.
Cookies and Internet Tracking
We may collect data about your use of our systems using small files known as cookies1. We may also collect data that your browser sends to us, such as your IP address2, browser type, location, language, access time and the website addresses you came from to find us. We use that data to support authentication, to analyze trends, to administer the site, to track movements around the site and to gather demographic data about our user base as a whole.
Social Media and Online Engagement
We sometimes use new technologies, including social media, to communicate with business partners and potential business partners. These sites and applications include things we develop ourselves and certain third-party platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Those third-party websites and applications are not operated or controlled by us. When using those services, you may reveal personal information to us and to third parties. Please carefully read the privacy policies of those third-party platforms before posting any non-public information.
Former Business Partners
If you end your relationship with us, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this privacy promise for as long as we have your information.
California residents have the right to request an accounting of information which we hold about you, the right to request that we not sell your information and the right to request that we amend or delete your information. We may not (and will not) retaliate against you for exercising any of these rights. These rights are limited by, among other things, our obligations to comply with insurance regulations, statutes and other legal requirements. Call our Privacy Office at 1.800.243.0249 or click Do Not Sell My Personal Information to submit a request relevant to those rights.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our privacy promise, you may contact us by email at Privacy@WestfieldGRP.com or by mail to Privacy Officer, Westfield Insurance, One Park Circle, PO Box 5001, Westfield Center, OH 44251
1 A cookie is a small amount of data sent to your computer or mobile phone and stored on your device's browser or hard drive.
2 Every computer that connects to the internet is assigned an Internet Protocol ("IP") address. We use your IP address to maintain contact with you and to provide you information as you navigate through our website. We also use your IP address to diagnose problems with our server and to administer the site.