Westfield Company Culture
Westfield is recognized as a great place to work because we have a company culture focused on you, the employee. Westfield cares about your career, your wellness, your achievement and your satisfaction.
Our company culture is reflective of what we value most:
- Promotion of your work-life balance
- Opportunity for your professional growth and development
- Support for your community involvement
- Recognition of your hard work and success
Our values are reflected in a long record of stability. We are strong enough to stand the test of time. In fact, for the past 75 years Westfield has earned an “A” or higher for financial strength from A. M. Best. A.M. Best produces an independent opinion of an insurer's financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations.
Since 1848, we’ve put our focus on building careers – not just jobs.
Our desire is to prepare you for new challenges as our company continues to grow. We value you as someone who knows how to innovate, elevate an idea and seek opportunities in a changing world.
Work-life balance is part of a rewarding career with Westfield. We understand how this balance can enable employees to feel improvements in health and well-being and lead to a happier, less stressed outlook on life.
At Westfield, we are proud to offer solid benefits and wellness programs to keep you happy and healthy.
Professional Development Opportunities
As our company continues to grow, we want our employees to be prepared for new challenges and assignments. We are committed to making sure the right person is in the right role so that each team member has the opportunity to pursue a rewarding career and achieve success.
Our Professional Development Opportunities include:
- Westfield University –providing learning opportunities for all employees including professional development and technical skills training, such as underwriting
- Education Reimbursement – providing outside learning opportunities through formal education
Westfield's legacy of caring has been a part of our culture since the beginning. Today, our commitment to being a good corporate citizen is an extension of the fundamental role that insurance plays in ensuring stability for families, businesses and communities in times of uncertainty. We distribute more than $3 million annually through our private foundation and company. We focus a significant portion of those resources on priority areas: disaster recovery, family stability and safety.
Westfield becomes a part of the communities we serve. It starts with the personalized service provided by our network of independent agents and extends to charitable efforts that align with our values and those of our customers and employees. We work closely with our employees and partners to address the needs of the communities where we do business.
Because we value community, we offer our employees ample opportunities to get involved and give back through our employee-facing community programs. Whether on behalf of Westfield or on personal time, you'll find a variety of ways to support your community:
- Corporate-sponsored volunteer opportunities occur during traditional business hours and are supported by Westfield
- Donations to nonprofits where our employees volunteer 25 hours or more on their personal time
- Payroll deduction and dollar for dollar matching of donations to our employee’s hometown chapters of the American Cancer Society, American Heart Association, United Way and local foodbanks.
Recognition of Your Success
We know that recognition for hard work makes employees feel valued. We have a variety of ways you can earn kudos from the company and from your peers.
- Career Achievement Program — Service awards touch every employee at various times throughout their career at Westfield and are an opportunity for you to build relationships with employees. A service award helps bond new employees, motivates mid-career employees, and honors invested years of service for long term employees.
- Westfield Excellence — Westfield Excellence provides a way for employees to recognize their fellow coworkers. The program emphasizes the competencies that matter most to Westfield and gives employees the necessary information and tools to help create a "culture of recognition."