students and grads
Work Programs for Students and Graduates
Westfield is committed to developing the workforce of tomorrow by offering work programs and internships for students and graduates, providing real world experience in a variety of contexts within our business.
In a survey, 96 percent of interns said they would consider Westfield for employment after graduation.
Graduate Development Program
When you graduate from college, you don’t have to take a job that throws you into the real world without guidance or direction. Instead, choose a company that takes an interest in your professional development – and invests in your future.
GDP combines a variety of learning techniques:
- Classroom-based training on insurance-related topics including critical thinking, negotiations, sales, time management – using influence and customer service
- eLearning relating to both insurance topics and automation skills
- Structured work rotations, including field travel and business unit placements, creating exposure to a variety of work units and cross training
- Project work based on work rotations and assigned research topics
- Team-building activities with peers
- Networking with managers, executives and senior executives
- Mentoring from experienced employees for career direction and advice
Still in school but ready to kick-start your career? Our internship program is perfect for ambitious students looking to gain valuable hands-on experience that will not only build your resume but will also expand your career possibilities after graduation. Our program is structured to give students, ranging from rising college sophomores to masters’ candidates, unique experiences tailored to their year in school. Through these experiences you’ll build a foundation on which to further your career.
As an intern, you will receive a robust experience including:
- Meaningful job-specific projects
- Formal and informal events with our leadership team
- Volunteer opportunities within local communities
- Specific trainings and lunch-and-learns with industry experts
- Real-time performance evaluations
- Shadowing opportunities to see areas outside of your internship focus
Each year we strive to provide a best-in-class internship experience. We are an organization who believes your success is our success.
Westfield begins recruiting intern candidates in early September. We typically hire rising sophomores through rising seniors. There are also numerous positions available for masters’ level students in between their first and second year. Our goal is to have all internship positions filled by the end of the calendar year.
Our program is designed to provide meaningful college internships for students seeking real-world experience. We offer a wide range of opportunities for interns to develop and grow in positions of their chosen academic area.
College students participating in Westfield’s internship program benefit from a variety of educational opportunities designed to help them succeed in their desired field including training, mentoring, job shadowing, networking activities and performance management. Through our internships, we allow you to showcase your academic talent and help guide you in setting achievable career aspirations. We want to best use the talents and energy of our interns and work together to help build relationships with future business leaders.
Our internship program is designed to:
- Build a pipeline of talent for future staffing needs
- Provide interns with challenging assignments and opportunities
- Develop interns’ skills while helping to meet department goals
- Build strong relationships with our interns
Paid internship opportunities exist in the following areas:
- Information technology
- Human resources
- Golf & turf management
- Culinary arts