Westfield scholarship programs
Your Time to Shine
You’re empowered with everything you need to achieve your future career. And Westfield is making it easier for you to realize that dream through our scholarship programs.
Insurance & Risk Management Majors
Seven $6,000 scholarships
Since 2014, Westfield and the Westfield Agents Association have partnered to provide these scholarships to encourage students to pursue the insurance industry as a rewarding career with opportunities for advancement and the satisfaction of knowing your work makes an important difference in people’s lives.
One $5,000 scholarship
The James R. Clay Scholarship honors Westfield’s former CEO Jim Clay and his commitment to insurance education. Influenced by Jim’s passion for developing future leaders, Westfield and the Westfield Insurance Foundation have made it a priority to promote the insurance industry to tomorrow’s professionals.
College students must be sophomores and juniors with a GPA of 2.8 or higher who demonstrate interest in the property and casualty insurance industry. Interest can be demonstrated through jobs, internships, studies and/or membership in Gamma Iota Sigma.
*The complete listing of eligibility requirements can be found within the online application.
November 1, 2019
The scholarship is managed by Griffith Insurance Education Foundation on behalf of Westfield Insurance Foundation and the Westfield Agents Association.
Dependents of Westfield and Agency Employees
Six $6,000 scholarships
- Must be a dependent of a Westfield agency employee or a Westfield* employee
*includes all employees of Ohio Farmers Insurance Company and its subsidiaries
- Must be entering the first year of college after May 2020 OR returning after a break of at least one year.
- Must have a minimum ACT composite score of 27 or a minimum SAT combined critical reading + math score of 1210.
- Must have a minimum cumulative 3.5 grade point average on a 4.0 scale (weighted or unweighted)
- Applicants may choose to study any academic major in college.
Application period: November 15, 2019 - January 15, 2020
Online application will be available beginning November 15, 2019