Manufacturing: An economic backbone
Manufacturing has always been a backbone for our economy and continues to provide innovative products, enable services and offer jobs. And today, manufacturing is still on the rise. In fact,
- Manufacturers contributed $2.05 trillion to the US economy in the second quarter. (Source: Bureau of Economic Analysis)
- For every worker in manufacturing, five employees are hired elsewhere – accounting for about one-third of the GDP and employment. (Source: Manufacturers Alliance for Productivity and Innovation)
- Over the next decade, 4.6 million manufacturing jobs will likely be needed. (Source: Deloitte and The Manufacturing Institute)
- Manufacturing in the U.S. is the eighth-largest economy in the world. (Source: Bureau of Economic Analysis, International Monetary Fund)
And that’s why Westfield wants your manufacturing accounts.
With years of success behind them, the manufacturing industry introduced rigor around operations, design, innovation and quality control. And Westfield wants to build upon that success. With products and services designed with manufacturers in mind, Westfield wants your manufacturing opportunities. We offer expertise, quality products and the speed, quality and efficiency to help you win the account .
So, give us a look like these brand-new customers did:
- Manufacturer of corrugated boxes / containers - $125K ($70M in property values)
Westfield was able to use a manuscript endorsement to resolve property coverage challenges. Plus, the customer commented about our knowledgeable risk control representative.
- Machine shop specializing in press-fit fasteners and pins for a multitude of industries - $85K
Westfield product, risk control and underwriting team members successfully worked with both the agent and customer to win this account.
And there are more…
- Pallet manufacturing and refurbishing customer - $188K
- Metal goods manufacturing customer - $180K
So be sure to check out our Digital Appetite Guide, where you’ll find our industry definition and preferred manufacturing classes. But if you prefer a conversation, be sure to contact your underwriter to ask questions or discuss opportunities!
Offering protection and risk expertise to manufacturing customers is our privilege.
It’s just one more way that Westfield invests in our communities. And we’re excited to offer competitive options.