at your service
Homeowners - Service Line Coverage
Protect your home and hard-earned money
Few people give much thought to the wires and pipes that deliver power and water to their homes. Until, that is, it’s too late. Most homeowners don’t know that they’re on the hook financially to repair or replace damaged or destroyed exterior, underground service lines to their home. It can prove a costly surprise - upwards of $7,000 or more, depending on what’s involved. Repairing service lines isn’t a simple fix, often requiring significant digging that can wreak havoc on landscaping, driveways or walkways. In addition, families sometimes must relocate while repairs are being done, adding to the cost.
Our coverage keeps you moving
Highlights of Service Line Coverage
- Costs to reach damaged underground piping and wiring
- Repair or replacement of damaged exterior underground piping and wiring
- Coverage for your outdoor property such as landscaping, driveways and walkways
- Additional costs to expedite materials and services for repairs
- Living expenses if you need to temporarily relocate, including hotels, meals and other expenses
- Environmental safety and efficiency condition allowing for 150% upgrade when replacement is required
- Damaged outdoor property including shrubs, trees, lawn and landscaping such as driveways and walkways
- Cost of generators and other temporary equipment that allows you to remain at home during repairs
Coverage limits and deductible Limits:
$10,000 limit for Homeowners and Wespak, Homepak, and Estatepak policies.
Does not apply to Renters and Unitowners policies.
Deductible: $500 per occurrence
Contact your underwriter for more information today!