Westfield Careers Privacy Promise
Employment - Privacy Promise
Ohio Farmers Insurance Company and its employing subsidiaries (collectively “Westfield”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of information that is obtained about you in connection with your use of Westfield Careers, including the profile, application and potentialonboarding processes (collectively, the "Site ").
Please review this Privacy Promise, its statements, terms and conditions carefully. By accessing the Site and/or reviewing or signing employment related documents electronically, you acknowledge and agree that you have read, understood and agree to Westfield’s policies, terms and conditions set forth here. You further acknowledge that you have done so when you accept the Consent to Proceed Electronically. If there is any aspect of this document that you do not understand, please contact HR Assist email@example.com or call 1.800.552.9139 before proceeding.
Westfield reserves the right to change this Privacy Promise at any time, in which event the Site will be updated to contain the new Privacy Promise. Changes will be effective immediately upon posting to the Site. If you access the Site after a revised Privacy Promise has been posted, by proceeding, you are indicating your agreement with the terms of the Privacy Promise, as revised.
Information We Collect
Westfield collects information about you:
- Directly from you through the application process and during the potential onboarding process.
- From other entities such as background check service providers, departments of motor vehicles, former employers and references.
- From publicly available sources potentially including statements made by you or others on social media.
Categories of Personal Information Collected
Identifiers and Contact information. This category includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, mobile numbers, email addresses, dates of birth, Social Security numbers, driver’s license or state identification numbers, bank account information, and other similar contact information and identifiers.
Protected classification information. This category includes characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law.
Internet or other electronic network activity information. This category includes without limitation:
- all activity on Westfield’s information systems, such as internet browsing history, search history, intranet activity, email communications, social media postings, stored documents and emails, usernames and passwords
- all activity on communications systems including phone calls, call logs, voice mails, text messages, chat logs, app use, mobile browsing and search history, mobile email communications, and other information regarding an employee’s use of Westfield-issued devices
Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information. This category includes, for example, information collected from camera and similar devices, and/or thermometers.
Professional and employment-related information. This category includes without limitation:
- data submitted with employment applications including salary history, employment history, employment recommendations, etc.
- background check and criminal history
- work authorization
- fitness for duty data and reports
- medical or health-related data, such as symptoms and other indicators of exposure consistent with applicable guidance from federal, state, and/or local health officials or agencies
- travel information and information regarding contacts
- performance and disciplinary records
- salary and bonus data
- benefit plan enrollment, participation, and claims information
- leave of absence information including religious and family obligations, physical and mental health data concerning employee and his or her family members
Education information. This category includes education history.
Inferences drawn from the personal information in the categories above. This category includes engaging in human capital analytics, including but not limited to, identifying certain correlations about individuals and success on their jobs, analyzing data to improve retention, and analyzing employee preferences to inform HR Policies, Programs and Procedures
Personal information does not include information in connection with your former or current employment at Westfield or any of its affiliates.
Westfield stores and uses this information to process your employment application and to meet other employment-related obligations and regulations.
We do not employ or intentionally communicate with minors except as allowed by law. We may request specific information about a minor in order to process internship or other educational/occupational opportunities. We comply with applicable regulations about parental notices and permissions. We do not retain information about minors other than as necessary to process those opportunities.
Information We Disclose
We may use, access, transmit, store, process and disclose your personal information among Westfield’s affiliates, partnerships and subsidiary companies, regardless of location. We share your information with Westfield’s employees, associates, recruiters, human resources staff, managers and their designees, consultants and/or other service providers affiliated with Westfield who are involved in human resources, personnel, supervisory, pay processing functions, Information Technology, and/or website administration or maintenance. To carry out the purposes outlined below, Westfield may share information with third parties, such as background check vendors, third-party human resources and information technology vendors, outside legal counsel, and state or federal governmental agencies. We disclose your information as required by law to regulators, law enforcement and other government agencies.
Purposes for which personal information is used include:
- Collecting and processing employment applications, including confirming eligibility for employment, background and related checks, checks regarding fitness for duty, onboarding, and related recruiting efforts
- Processing payroll and employee benefit plan and program design and administration including enrollment and claims handling, and leave of absence administration
- Maintaining personnel records and record retention requirements
- Communicating with employees and/or employees’ emergency contacts and plan beneficiaries
- Complying with applicable state and federal health, labor, employment, tax, benefits, workers compensation, disability, equal employment opportunity, workplace safety, and related laws, guidance, or recommendations
- Preventing unauthorized access to, use, or disclosure/removal of the Westfield’s property, including Westfield’s information systems, electronic devices, network, and data
- Ensuring and enhancing employee productivity and adherence to Westfield’s policies
- Investigating complaints, grievances, and suspected violations of Westfield policy
- Design, implement, and promote Westfield’s diversity and inclusion programs
- Facilitate the efficient and secure use of Westfield’s information systems, including our Site. See the Cookies page for details.
- Ensure compliance with Westfield’s information systems policies and procedures
- Improve safety of employees, customers and the public with regard to use of Westfield property and equipment
- Improve efficiency, logistics, and supply chain management
- Improve accuracy of time management systems
- Evaluate an individual’s appropriateness for a participation position at Westfield, or promotion to a new position
- Customer engagement and other legitimate business purposes
At no time will Westfield sell, rent, lease, or license your information to a third party for their own use.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees and outside services providers who need to know that information. Their use of information is restricted by law, by our employee code of conduct and by written agreements where appropriate. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable federal and state regulations to safeguard your information.
Any third parties to whom we disclose your information will be required to protect your information to at least the same degree as we protect it internally.
We sometimes use new technologies, including social media, to communicate with employees and potential employees. These third-party websites and applications are not operated or controlled by us. When using these services, you may reveal personal information to us and to third parties. Please carefully read the privacy policies of these third-party platforms before posting any non-public information.
If you believe you have found a security issue with one of our systems, please report it to InfosecAlerts@westfieldgrp.com as quickly as possible. Please describe the issue in as much detail as possible, including the date and time you discovered the issue and how to reproduce the issue. Screenshots and videos can be especially helpful. Please also include your name and contact information in case we need additional detail.
If you end your relationship with us, we will continue to adhere to the policies and practices described in this privacy promise for as long as we have your information.
Westfield will retain your information as long as is necessary to comply with applicable legal standards. Once the information is submitted, you cannot delete this information. This information may be transferred into our human resources system and used to manage your employment, may become part of your personnel file, and may be used for other employment/work-related purposes. Your information will be destroyed in accordance with Westfield’s record retention policy.
You have the right to request an accounting of information which we hold about you, the right to request that we not sell your information and the right to request that we amend your information. We may not (and will not) retaliate against you for exercising any of these rights. These rights are limited by, among other things, our obligations to comply with employment regulations, statutes and other legal requirements. Call our Privacy Office at 1.800.243.0249 to submit a request relevant to those rights.
Nothing on the Site shall be construed as a contract of employment, a guarantee of continued employment, or employment for any specific duration. Employment with Westfield is "at will" and no representative of Westfield, other than the CEO of the hiring entity, has the authority to modify "at-will" employment status in a written agreement. “At will” means that either you or Westfield can separate your employment at any time, with or without notice or cause.
This Privacy Promise is governed by the substantive laws of the State of Ohio, without regard to its conflict of laws principles. Jurisdiction for any claims arising under or out of this Privacy Promise shall lie exclusively with the state and federal courts within the State of Ohio. If any provision of this Privacy Promise is found to be invalid by a court having competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining provisions of this Privacy Promise, which shall remain in full force and effect.
AS PERMITTED BY LAW, UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WESTFIELD HAVE ANY LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN INFORMATION ON THE SITE, OR FOR ANY DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR EXPENSES THAT MAY OCCUR WHILE ACCESSING THE SITE, OR ANY LINKED SITE, OR THE INABILITY TO ACCESS THESE SITES; OR ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS OR LINE OR SYSTEM FAILURE; OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE BREACH OF THIS PRIVACY PROMISE, HOWEVER OCCASIONED.
Privacy Contact Information
If you have any questions, concerns or comments about our privacy promise, you may contact us by email at Privacy@westfieldgrp.com or by mail to Privacy Officer, Westfield, One Park Circle, PO Box 5001, Westfield Center, OH 44251.