Curbside and Delivery Services
Curbside and delivery services offer a comfortable and safe alternative to pick up food and goods. It’s contactless and convenient because the customer doesn’t have to leave their car.
During a pandemic, perhaps you have an opportunity to think beyond your normal business practices and introduce a new customer experience. And we’re here to help. As you consider convenience service options for your business, here are three ways to create a positive customer experience:
Go digital! Online apps are safe, efficient and wroth the investment.
- Payment apps –make payments easy and contact-free
- Order apps –reduce phone-in orders and miscommunication
- Driver apps –help monitor delivery driving behavior
- GPS apps –get you where you need the safest and quickest way possible
- Develop an online ordering and payment form on your website
Anticipate! Convenience services offer their own special circumstances so be ready.
- Safety protocols –document expectations and new procedures
- Training –consistently communicate expectations, procedures, and forms requirements
- Legal and insurance services –make sure you appropriate contracts and coverage for convenience services
- Delivery services –these companies specialize in making deliveries and have options for partner contracts.
- Hiring protocols –background checks, MVR reports and driving tests –to name a few options
- Instruct customers to please wear masks when interacting with curbside employees.
Stock up! New convenience options may require different equipment for
- Protective gear –masks, gloves, aprons, head gear and more.
- Forms and paperwork –help employees report incidents in the moment.
- Signage –carefully plan traffic patterns, safety equipment requirements, payment options and other instructions
- Make sure you use employees with good driving records
- Make sure employees using their own cars are properly protected
- Have employees always wear mask and gloves at delivery destination.
- Instruct home owner/customer that employee will ring doorbell and leave products at door to minimize interactions.
- Create system allowing customers to tip electronically to minimize cash handling during deliver.