When an infectious disease reaches epidemic and pandemic stages, it becomes critical that we discover ways to slow the spread and flatten the curve. And while the science community works on developing a vaccine, individuals and communities can take specific actions to contribute to the ultimate solution –lack of threat.
One of the most important actions we can take is cleaning, disinfecting, sanitizing. How you clean just might make a huge difference to you, your employees and your customers. No matter your business, steps should include:
- Disinfect all surfaces and equipment prior to employees arriving for their shift using 10% bleach solution-based products
- Consider disinfecting work surfaces hourly (or based on traffic patterns)
- Consider creating a cleaning checklist so that no areas will be missed. Don’t forget door handles, phones, vending machines, etc.
- Make sure all employees know how to properly disinfect
- Where possible, limited sharing of work place items by providing employees with their own
- Don’t forget cars, buses or other offsite areas