Not every workplace injury is an emergency. Sometimes, an expensive emergency room visit can be avoided with the right intervention.
That’s what Westfield’s WesCare® 24/7 nurse triage program is designed for — to provide the kind of skilled intervention that gets injured workers the medical care they need when they get hurt, but at the right level of care for their level of injury.
And best of all, the program is available for free to any employer with a Westfield workers’ compensation policy.
What Our Nurses Do
Our program is staffed with skilled registered nurses who are available any time of day, any day of the year. When an injury happens, call our Nurse Triage line at 844.380.2743, and one of our bilingual RNs can:
- Evaluate an injured worker’s symptoms and injury
- Determine a worker’s medical situation and best treatment option
- Coordinate and communicate with a network medical provider
- Report the claim to Westfield
- Follow up with the worker 24-48 hours after the initial call to make sure the worker is getting the recommended care
- Send documents to help the worker with post-appointment communication and to get back to work
Benefits of Nurse Triage
If the situation is a true emergency, our nurses will know it and make sure your worker gets the right level of care.
But if it isn’t, our nurses can save your worker — and your pocket book — a trip to the ER. An average of 45% of our calls result in self-treatment.
By minimizing ER visits, you can reduce your workers’ comp claim costs, and ultimately your premiums. And what business owner doesn’t have to watch their bottom line?
Our printable Nurse Triage posters are available to you in two languages:
How to Report Your Workers’ Comp Claim
If you have a workers’ comp claim, call Westfield’s 24-hour claims line at 800.243.0210 (option 3), or send an email to WestfieldCCC@westfieldgrp.com. You’ll get updates on your claim as necessary.
Wherever you are and whenever you need us, we’ll be there. And now, so will your policy info.
SIGN UP NOW
89 % of Westfield customers report satisfaction with the ease of handling their claim.
WESTFIELD QUICK FACTS
- We're one of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County.
- We provide personal insurance in 10 states, commercial insurance in 21 states and surety products in 50 states through a network of more than a thousand leading independent agencies.
- We've sponsored the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight "A" All-Stars since 2005.