Slips, Trips and Falls
Weather changes make a difference to you; because rain, sleet, ice and snowing introduce opportunities for slips, trips and falls. Whether inside or out, here are some common reasons for accidents that could cost your business:
- Inappropriate shoes for the job
- Unmaintained walking and working surfaces
- Surfaces covered with water, oil, snow, ice or debris
- Rugs or floor coverings that are not slip-resistant
- Unmarked or poorly indicated transitions between levels and surfaces – for example, not level, drop, raised lip – due to poor design, lighting, poor contrast of flooring or distraction
Help prevent slips, trips and falls by trying these ideas:
- Use water-absorbing door mats at entry ways and in wet areas
- Use suction to remove water after cleaning – for example, portable cleaning systems that use your standard cleaning solutions.
- Apply a clear epoxy coating to worn floors with a slip resistant additive (usually glass beads) to increase friction.