what does risk mean to you?
You know the dangers. You don’t need us to tell you about them. But—every once in a while—it’s nice to double check. It’s easy to get complacent and comfortable, especially when it comes to insurance. Because you don’t really think about it… until something bad happens.
So, we’ll just post this friendly reminder: The risks in the construction industry are significantly higher than most. It’s important that you take steps, like using risk assessment tools and risk management methodology, to protect your business from the legal and financial liability that comes with these risks.
help minimize your risk with these easy to use checklists
Whether you use these lists as quick safety reviews or as conversation starters with employees, checking them out is worth a few minutes of your time.
To help keep your most important assets – your employees – safe while on the job, here are a few quick questions to test your safety procedures:
- Do your foremen and team leads understand their safety responsibilities?
- Do you review all accidents/incidents soon enough to put controls in place that prevent future issues?
- Do you have safety measures in place in case of a fire, tornado, flood, work incidents, etc.?
- Do you properly train your new crew on safe work practices before working a job?
The Most Common Risks Contractors Face
There are common industry risks that you and your business face on a daily basis:
- Worksite injuries
- Third-party lawsuits
- Property damage from disasters
- Equipment breakdown from user error
- Work vehicle accidents
Each construction industry has its own dangers. It’s obvious: electricians are more likely to be electrocuted, plumbers and HVAC technicians are more likely to have problems with hot work, and roofers are more likely to fall. So do something to prevent the inevitable.
Avoiding the Biggest Risk
Do you know what the biggest risk is? The risk that closes more businesses than any other cause? The risk that is easiest to avoid?
Don’t take that risk. It’s one that never ends well for anyone.
Working with Westfield Insurance to Get Covered
Westfield Insurance agents understand your needs. In an industry where contractors work long hours, you don’t have time to deal with complex business insurance. That’s why we offer insurance products for contractors just like you. From the moment you speak to a Westfield agent, you’ll know you are speaking with someone familiar with your industry, someone who speaks your language, and someone who values your time.
Wherever you are and whenever you need us, we’ll be there. And now, so will your policy info.
SIGN UP NOW
89 % of Westfield customers report satisfaction with the ease of handling their claim.
WESTFIELD QUICK FACTS
- We're one of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County.
- We provide personal insurance in 10 states, commercial insurance in 21 states and surety products in 50 states through a network of more than a thousand leading independent agencies.
- We've sponsored the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight "A" All-Stars since 2005.