Commercial Auto Insurance
Of course, you have business insurance. But your basic business package doesn’t necessarily cover every scenario. For instance: what if one of your employees gets into a car accident while driving one of your vehicles? What if the employee is driving his or her personal vehicle, but for company purposes?
Commercial auto insurance is one of the ways to cover your bases and plan for every scenario — and make sure you aren’t left exposed.
In a lot of ways, commercial auto insurance is like your personal car insurance policy. It has the same sets of coverages. One difference is that the policy limits purchased for commercial auto policies tend to be higher because businesses need more financial protection.
Why You Need Commercial Auto Insurance
Commercial auto insurance protects your business in a couple of ways.
- Your company-owned vehicles — If you own any vehicles as part of your business, commercial auto insurance provides financial protection for damage to your vehicles if something happens, like a wreck. You can protect one vehicle, or an entire fleet.
- Liability for car accidents — As a business owner, you may find yourself on the hook for property damage or personal injury costs in the event of an accident involving one of your vehicles or one of your employees. Commercial auto insurance provides you with financial protection and legal representation if you get sued because of a car accident.
It’s also important to know that workers’ compensation may not always cover everything if one of your employees gets into a car accident on the job. Depending on the law in your state and the circumstances of the accident, your employee may look to your insurance policy to recover personal injury losses not covered by workers’ comp benefits.
Commercial Auto Insurance and Workers’ Comp
Commercial auto insurance is only one way to add protection for your business. Westfield has a comprehensive range of products and coverages designed to safeguard everything you’ve sacrificed to build.
Discover More Coverage Options
Talk to an independent Westfield agent about putting together a package that fits your business’s needs, that may include:
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Commercial Package Policies
- Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- Personal Insurance
Connect With a Westfield Agent
An independent Westfield agent can set you on the right track to protecting every part of your business — and not only from the types of risk that you understand well, but also, those that you might not foresee. Your job is to run a successful business. Your agent’s job is to help you safeguard it.
An agent is just a click away with our easy online tool. Try it now.
Wherever you are and whenever you need us, we’ll be there. And now, so will your policy info.
SIGN UP NOW
WESTFIELD QUICK FACTS
- We're one of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County.
- We provide personal insurance in 10 states, commercial insurance in 21 states and surety products in 50 states through a network of more than a thousand leading independent agencies.
- We've sponsored the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight "A" All-Stars since 2005.