commercial auto insurance
You wouldn’t be a successful business owner if you weren’t a smart and conscientious person. You know that you need to have a plan for everything — and that includes your insurance.
Of course, you have business insurance. But your basic business package doesn’t necessarily cover every scenario. For instance: what if one of your employees gets into a car accident while driving one of your vehicles? What if the employee is driving his or her personal vehicle, but for company purposes?
Commercial auto insurance is one of the ways to cover your bases and plan for every scenario — and make sure you aren’t left exposed.
Why You Need Commercial Auto Insurance
In a lot of ways, commercial auto insurance is like your personal car insurance policy. It has the same sets of coverages. One difference is that the policy limits purchased for commercial auto policies tend to be higher because businesses need more financial protection.
Commercial auto insurance protects your business in a couple of ways.
- Your company-owned vehicles — If you own any vehicles as part of your business, commercial auto insurance provides financial protection for damage to your vehicles if something happens, like a wreck. You can protect one vehicle, or an entire fleet.
- Liability for car accidents — As a business owner, you may find yourself on the hook for property damage or personal injury costs in the event of an accident involving one of your vehicles or one of your employees. Commercial auto insurance provides you with financial protection and legal representation if you get sued because of a car accident.
If you’re a small business owner or sole-proprietor, having commercial auto insurance can be especially important because your personal auto policy may not cover business activity. So if you drive your car for both business and personal use, talk to your agent about the benefits of having a commercial auto policy.
Commercial Auto Insurance and Workers’ Comp
It’s also important to know that workers’ compensation may not always cover everything if one of your employees gets into a car accident on the job. Depending on the law in your state and the circumstances of the accident, your employee may look to your insurance policy to recover personal injury losses not covered by workers’ comp benefits.
Discover More Coverage Options
Commercial auto insurance is only one way to add protection for your business. Westfield has a comprehensive range of products and coverages designed to safeguard everything you’ve sacrificed to build.
Talk to an independent Westfield agent about putting together a package that fits your business’s needs, that may include:
- Commercial Umbrella Insurance
- Commercial Package Policies
- Workers’ Compensation Coverage
- Personal Insurance
Connect With a Westfield Agent
An independent Westfield agent can set you on the right track to protecting every part of your business — and not only from the types of risk that you understand well, but also, those that you might not foresee. Your job is to run a successful business. Your agent’s job is to help you safeguard it.
An agent is just a click away with our easy online tool. Try it now.
FIND AN AGENT
Independent Westfield agents are ready to help you understand your risks and find the coverage you need. Use our online tool to find an agent near you today.Find an Agent
FIND YOUR CAREER AT WESTFIELD
It's not just about looking for a job. It's about finding where you belong. Together we are forging bonds, building a community, making a difference, and growing with each other. Build your future at Westfield.Careers
WESTFIELD QUICK FACTS
- We're one of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County.
- We provide personal insurance in 10 states, commercial insurance in 21 states and surety products in 50 states through a network of more than a thousand leading independent agencies.
- We've sponsored the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight "A" All-Stars since 2005.