Employee Retention Strategies
These cost-effective employee retention strategies will keep both you and your employees happy.
- Telecommuting: Productivity goes up when employees telecommute according to the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM). 77% of telecommuters report higher levels of productivity when working offsite.
- Toastmasters: If your employees do a lot of presentations or often speak at conferences (or even just meet with clients occasionally), this organization can be a great resource to help them gain confidence and increase their performance.
- Flexible Schedules: 74% of employees thought that after pay and benefits, "being able to work flexibly and still be on track for promotion" was the most important thing in a job.
- Train Your Managers: About 50% of workers have quit a job to get away from a bad manager. By training your managers, you could retain more of your employees.
- Massive Open Online Courses (MOOCs): There are thousands of massive open online courses — some are free, some cost a small amount — that can be beneficial. Let your employees take a class while on the clock.
Try these employee retention strategies in your office.