assessing your small business technology needs
Integrated apps that streamline processes and operations can effectively address many small business technology needs. However, a nationwide survey of 300 small business owners found that almost two-thirds of respondents run their business with just two apps (or fewer).
The survey also revealed that 44% of SMBs store valuable customer data in email and 41% do so in spreadsheets.
Consider these three steps for addressing your small business technology needs:
1. Assess your current tech and identify future requirements. Put a high priority on these elements:
- A high-quality, user-friendly experience
- Accessing digital solutions through cloud-based resources
- Scaling technology for future growth
2. Aim for better systems integration. Experts contend that "tighter systems integration" pays off in big ways:
- More precise management data
- Reduced expenses by not having to maintain separate, costly systems
- Improved customer satisfaction
3. Plan for future technology growth. Outmoded processes may be holding you back from competing with "the big guys." Instead, explore the use of:
- Automation software that can streamline operational processes
- Communications technology and project management software that supports a flexible workforce
- Low-cost business intelligence software
With the right resources, you can meet your small business technology needs.