Steps to Take After a Car Accident
First, we hope you’re ok. After an accident, it might be hard to focus on the things you need to do to make sure you’re taken care of, both physically and financially. Follow these important steps at the scene:
- Move your vehicle to the side of the road or out of the path of traffic, if possible
- Get medical attention for yourself or anyone else who needs it
- Report the accident to authorities (note which agency responds, such as the county sheriff or state highway patrol, so that you can request an accident report later, if needed)
- Get the contact information for all drivers, passengers, or witnesses — names, addresses, emails, and phone numbers, plus the insurance company and policy information for other drivers, along with their driver’s license numbers
- Get the make, model, color and license plate number of all vehicles involved
- Take photos or video of the scene and any damage
- If anyone leaves the scene without making a report, write down any information that you can about the driver, vehicle and any occupants to help with the investigation.
- Report the accident to Westfield by calling 800.243.0210 (option 3). If you have a personal auto claim, you may also report it from your MyWestfield account.
Reporting an Auto Glass Claim:*
If the only damage is to your windshield or a car window, you can submit an auto glass claim to Westfield Glass Service at 800.810.3665. Make sure you have your policy number, date of the incident and vehicle identification number ready.
You can also call us at 800.243.0210 (option 3). Our claims representatives are here 24/7 to help you. You don’t have to go through this alone.
*See your policy for actual coverage amounts and details.
Wherever you are and whenever you need us, we’ll be there. And now, so will your policy info.
SIGN UP NOW
89 % of Westfield customers report satisfaction with the ease of handling their claim.
WESTFIELD QUICK FACTS
- We're one of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County.
- We provide personal insurance in 10 states, commercial insurance in 21 states and surety products in 50 states through a network of more than a thousand leading independent agencies.
- We've sponsored the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight "A" All-Stars since 2005.