Personal Lines Information
Westfield provides premium relief for personal insurance auto customers
Adhering to “stay at home” orders to help prevent the community spread of the coronavirus, recent trends show people driving fewer miles. Westfield, like other carriers, is seeing a decrease in personal auto claims and will be offering a specified premium relief on personal auto policies for a limited time. This week we will share specific details with agents and customers. In addition, Westfield continues to offer billing solutions to help customers with financial hardships.
Billing options for financial hardships and easy access
We understand customers may face financial hardships directly related to impacts from the coronavirus and we can help them work through billing options – we’re here to help:
- Please have your customers give us a call at 800.243.0210, option 2 and talk to one of our customer care representatives between 8:00am – 8:00pm EST to discuss their options.
- We are suspending all policyholder cancellations until May 31, 2020 or as directed by each state. Extended payment plans may be offered to those policyholders.
- As of March 20, 2020, late fees will be waived through May 31, 2020 or as directed by each state.
Billing Refund Draft Update:
We know many of our agency partners are not working in their agency office and may not have easy access to agency mail. If you currently receive refund drafts directly to your agency and would like those sent directly to customers, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your agency name and agency code(s) and we can immediately make this change.
At Westfield, we believe one good turn deserves another - customers are driving less, so, during this unprecedented time, we think they should pay less for their personal auto insurance.
Premium Relief for Personal Insurance Auto Customers
Westfield Personal Auto customers will receive a 15 percent credit of their eligible monthly auto premium* for the months of April, May, and June 2020. We’ll take care of the paperwork; agents and customers won’t have to do a thing.
And it’s automatic - customers don’t have to do a thing
How your customer will receive their credit depends on a few things – here’s an overview. Customers with:
- An active policy as of April 30 and a balance due will have their credit applied to their remaining account balance. Note: timing will vary for customers depending on your due date; the credit will be applied to your May or June bill.
- An account paid in full and with renewal dates prior to June 30, the credit will be applied to their next renewal.
- A renewal date of July 1 or after and is currently paid in full, they will receive a check, sent directly to your customer.
- A cancelled policy after April 30, will receive a check in the amount of the credit sent directly to your customer.
*UPDATE* New personal lines customers will also receive the same 15% personal auto monthly credit as existing customers for each new eligible policy effective between May 1 and June 30, 2020.
- Credit will be applied to their account in August (2 months credit for business effective in May and 1 month credit for business effective in June). If they pay in full – then they will receive a check.
- As with current customers, new customers don’t have to do a thing, this is an automatic process.
In addition, Westfield will:
- Continue to offer flexibility for payments from customers facing difficulties from COVID-19 pandemic and has suspended all cancellations and late fees from March 20 through May 31, 2020 or longer if required in individual states.
- Provide coverage to customers with a Personal Auto policy who are engaged in delivery of essential goods, including food delivery. Any personal auto policy language that excludes coverage for delivery of goods will be temporarily modified through September 30, 2020.
- Waive the limit for Additional Living Expenses for customers who have experienced a claim that requires them to relocate from their residence where repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent state shut down orders. This limit will be waived for claims occurring through September 30, 2020.
- Waive the limit for rental reimbursement for customers who have an insured vehicle in for personal auto repairs as a result of a claim and repairs are delayed as a result of business closures and other servicing difficulties associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and subsequent state shut down orders. This limit will be waived for claims occurring through September 30, 2020.
- Reassess this timeline on an ongoing basis, in the event of a prolonged period of state mandated shut-downs.
- The personal lines auto credit will not affect agency compensation.