Frequently Asked Questions
TOP FOCUS: Keeping You Informed - Agency FAQs related to the COVID-19 pandemic
The Westfield Insurance Foundation is helping communities in Northeast Ohio and across the country by donating nearly $1.5 million dollars to nonprofit partners focused on family stability and disaster recovery. These dollars will help stabilize communities and help those who need economic support. Knowing it’s a long road to fully recover, Westfield provides funding for the long-term to help families and communities rebuild and regain normalcy. Immediate donations include:
- Northeast Ohio nonprofits addressing hunger and Westfield’s national partner, Feeding America. Westfield is matching dollar-for-dollar up to $50 for every employee who gives to the COVID-19 funds of the foodbanks and United Ways in their hometowns.
- Westfield is working with select independent insurance agencies across the country to donate nearly $600,000 to nonprofits in their communities to support COVID-19 recovery efforts and other community needs.
- Pledged a donation of support to the Insurance Industry Charitable Foundation Children’s Relief Fund, helping vulnerable children in need.
We understand customers may face financial hardships directly related to impacts from the coronavirus and we can help them work through billing options – we’re here to help:
- Please have your customers give us a call at 800.243.0210, option 2 and talk to one of our customer care representatives between 8:00am – 8:00pm EST to discuss their options.
- We are suspending all policyholder cancellations until June 15, 2020 or as directed by each state. Extended payment plans may be offered to those policyholders.
- As of March 20, 2020, late fees will be waived through June 15, 2020 or as directed by each state.
To obtain the most current information, we recommend that agents refer to Westfield’s dedicated agency resource page for up-to-date details regarding billing and grace periods due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Agents can also refer customers to our Customer Care Center at 800.243.0210, option 2 between 8am – 8pm EST to review options including pay plan changes, due dates changes, and making payments toward the outstanding balance.
Presently, premium payment deferrals will be added to the next bill due after June 1, but we are currently reviewing other options to assist these customers.
We recommend that customers continue to pay toward their outstanding balance if possible, even if they cannot make full payment, to avoid a large payment due in June.
Yes. If a policyholder was current and in good standing at March 20, 2020, Westfield would process and adjudicate a claim request in accordance with the policy terms until the policy was cancelled either by request or cancelation due to non-payment after the grace period ends.
Westfield will act in accordance within the agency contract terms.
There is no expectation to waive any amounts due or delay the timing of collection.
No, not at this time.
Multiple relief options are available for our agency partners from Westfield Bank who can assist with the SBA Coronavirus Aid, Relief and Economic Security (CARES Act) Act.
Learn more about the Payment Protection Program (PPP) or Economic Injury Disaster Loans. Visit the Westfield Bank website for more information.
Westfield is handling all claims in a good faith manner, evaluating each claim individually. Please leverage the information below to guide the claims process. •
- Westfield will investigate each claim individually. Agents should submit any legitimate claim.
- The agency agreement states that the agency should not commit Westfield to any liability in connection with a claim or loss.
- Agents can provide the insured an indication where coverage may or may not apply, where they feel comfortable doing so.
- Please share with insureds what they can expect during the claims process. With an abundance of caution for customers and our employees, Westfield has instituted new guidelines to ensure the safety of everyone. Where possible, Westfield claims professionals will be using tools and technology instead of field inspections.
- Please encourage our insured’s to be patient with the claims process. With potential claims personnel out for COVID-19 we are prioritizing claims for contact, handling and resolution.
- Should you encounter a unique situation, please contact our claims department for clarification.
- Please assist insureds and Westfield and watch for fraud. During economic downturns, hard and soft fraud increase across all segments of our business including property, casualty, worker’s compensation and auto.
We know many of our agency partners are not working in their agency office and may not have easy access to agency mail.
If you currently receive refund drafts directly to your agency and would like those sent directly to customers, please email us to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include your agency name and agency code(s) and we can immediately make this change.