COVID-19: Agency Updates and Resources
Updated as of 7/1/2020
11:40 AM EDT
When the unexpected happens, it’s helpful to know where to get consistent and timely information. That’s why, when we faced a pandemic, we created this page. And based on your feedback, we’re glad we did! Thank you for using this valuable resource.
As the pandemic continues, we are committed to maintaining our resource page through third quarter 2020, so keep checking back for news and updates.
Westfield is here for you and our customers
Our goal is to continue to provide you with the resources you need to help answer questions that impact customers. We’re here to help so be sure to contact your Westfield contact or email Agency Communications with any questions.
We'll let you know all of the latest pages that have been updated right here, so you'll be able to keep up with what's new! Or check out our Frequently Asked COVID questions to see if we've already got the answer ready for you!
Premium Payment Update - changes effective June 15, 2020
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Westfield has worked with our customers to provide relief though payment deferral, waiving late fees and custom billing solutions without incurring monetary consequences. We appreciate your partnership in ensuring customers were informed about our options.
Beginning June 15, 2020, unless otherwise required by state directive, we are beginning our transition back to a normal process.
What customers can expect based on account status:
- Policyholders who were in a “pending cancel” status on March 20, 2020:
These customers will be sent a new billing statement with the full past due balance owed within 15 days (due by June 30, 2020). We are allowing these policyholders a “fresh” start on the pending cancel process. Agents will be notified of any “new” pending cancels via the normal process starting on July 17, 2020. Agents will see the change in status from pending cancel to current on WIC on the Web as early as June 15 th.
- Policyholders who were > 90 days past due at March 20, 2020 and have made no payments since that date:
These customers will have to pay the entire past due balance by July 31, 2020 to avoid cancellation. We will suspend the policyholder cancellations and waive late fees until July 31, 2020. The normal pending cancel process will occur on August 1, 2020.
- For all other past due accounts, we will continue the suspension of policyholder cancellations and continue to waive late fees until September 30, 2020 if the customer:
- Pays 25% of the May bill by July 31, 2020 and
- Pays 50% of the June bill by August 31, 2020.
- On September 30, 2020, all remaining past due balances are due and the normal payment processes will be restored.
Coming soon for agents:
- After June 15, you will be able to see these policyholder changes via the WIC on the Web - more details to come; please continue to monitor our COVID-19 Agency Resource page for updates.
- Request a list of your customers with outstanding balances by contacting: AgencyCommunications@westfieldgrp.com
- During the week of June 15 th, your customers will receive a letter from Westfield explaining which of the above categories they fall into and whom to call if they have questions.
As always, we’re here to help
We also understand customers may have questions when they receive their next invoice –
- Please have them reach out to one of our customer care representatives at 800.243.0210, option 2, between 8:00am – 8:00pm EST to discuss.
Tell Us How Things are Going!
Hello! We want to know how it's going during this crisis. That's why we're launching agent pulse check surveys. Every two weeks you'll receive a new survey and a chance to tell us how you're continuing to adjust, any challenges you may be facing, and how Westfield can help. Take the survey by May 20:
need to know info
agency seminar series
Did you miss our webinar series? Catch them all here!
Don't have time to watch - here's a great overview.
Help us connect with you: If you’re using alternate communication at this time, please complete this quick form to share details on how our team can best reach you.
Connect with us: We’ve pulled together all the key contact information for Westfield business units, Customer Care/Claims, Agency Help and Westfield Services.