physician and medical directories
When one of your employees is injured on the job, of course you want them to get the right medical care. But how do you know what the right care is? Or who the right provider is?Westfield has a network of more than 750,000 doctors across the country who can take care of your injured workers and help them get back to normal — and get them back to work.How to Access ProvidersThere are a couple of ways your employee might access care, depending on where you’re located:
- Physician Panels — Your state may allow you, as an employer, to set up a list of medical providers and to direct care for your employee. If you live in a state that permits this, Westfield can help you set up your physician panel.
- Medical Directories — You might have an informal listing of preferred medical providers. This may help you find a provider who is inside your insurance network so that you can minimize costs.
- Need to ask a question? Would you like to request a physician panel or medical directory? Contact us and we can help you determine options for you.
Finding a Westfield-Approved ProviderWestfield offers an online physician lookup tool that lets you find medical providers in our network. With our tool, you can find:
- Urgent Care Centers
- Occupational Therapists
Tips for Injured Employees
- You may need a specialist to treat your work-related injury. That’s OK — we understand that some injuries require special care and we have lots of specialists in our network. Use our provider lookup tool to find the kind of specialist you need near you.
- Your employer may have a physician panel or medical directory of their own. Talk to them about how to find a provider, or call Westfield at 800.243.0210 (option 3) and we’ll answer your questions and help you find the care you need.
Tips for Employers
- Westfield works with panel physicians who know and understand work environments. They’ll learn about your work environment so they can write an effective treatment plan for your employee. In addition, our panel physicians have experience treating workplace injuries and understand workers’ compensation claims.
- If you establish a relationship with an occupational clinic or urgent care center in your network, that can help you get workplace injuries treated quickly and effectively.
- You may be able to set up a physician panel if your state permits it. You also may be able to develop your own directory of medical providers to share when requested.
Return to Work (video)
FIND YOUR CAREER AT WESTFIELD
It's not just about looking for a job. It's about finding where you belong. Together we are forging bonds, building a community, making a difference, and growing with each other. Build your future at Westfield.Careers
FIND AN AGENT
Independent Westfield agents are ready to help you understand your risks and find the coverage you need. Use our online tool to find an agent near you today.Find an Agent
WESTFIELD QUICK FACTS
- We're one of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County.
- We provide personal insurance in 10 states, commercial insurance in 21 states and surety products in 50 states through a network of more than a thousand leading independent agencies.
- We've sponsored the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight "A" All-Stars since 2005.