Westfield Insurance Wins Healthy Worksite Gold Award From Ohio Department of Health and Healthy Ohio Business Council<< RETURN HOME
Westfield Center, OH, January 20, 2016 - Westfield Insurance, a super-regional, customer-focused insurance carrier, was named as a Healthy Worksite Gold Award winner in the Large Company category by the Ohio Department of Health and the Healthy Ohio Business Council. The 12th annual Healthy Ohio Healthy Worksite Awards ceremony will be held during the Health Action Council 2016 Annual Conference on Jan. 20 and will honor those companies that encourage employee wellness through worksite health promotion and wellness programs.
“Westfield is committed to offering a comprehensive approach to preventive health and wellness for our employees,” said Westfield Insurance Benefits Leader, Kristine Spelling. “A healthy workforce is essential to improving both the health of our employees and the overall performance of our company.”
As part of its overall health promotion and wellness programs, Westfield offers a variety of health and fitness options, including:
- the My Rewards program, which includes certain biometric screenings and other health-related features that will allow employees to earn up to $150 in gift cards
- wellness programs, such as Beginner’s Fitness and Wellness, Weight Watchers at Work and Lose and Win
- an onsite cafeteria that prepares a daily menu of healthy breakfast and lunch options
- an onsite fitness center at its Home Office and a fitness center reimbursement option for its service office locations
- daily fitness classes at the Home Office, such as body sculpting, kickboxing, Zumba, etc.
- free onsite health services, such as blood pressure and glucose screenings, flu shots, bloodmobile visits, etc.
- intramural sports leagues, including basketball, golf, softball and volleyball
- entrance fee reimbursement for participating in any biking, running or walking event in the employee’s community
“Employee health and wellness efforts result in major benefits for both employer and employee,” Helene Szczerba, chair, Healthy Ohio Business Council said. “Positive returns on investment are realized for the employee who improves his or her health and the employer who realizes reductions in healthcare costs and an overall increase in productivity and job satisfaction.”
All worksites, large and small, public and private, for profit and nonprofit, are encouraged to apply for the Healthy Ohio Healthy Worksite Award. All applications are reviewed and evaluated by members of Healthy Ohio Business Council (HOBC) and are scored by the extent their wellness programs facilitate and encourage employee health, enhance productivity and ensure a healthy work environment. The three levels of achievement are awarded in Gold, Silver or Bronze. Increasing the number of worksites receiving awards is an objective in Ohio’s Plan to Prevent and Reduce Chronic Disease: 2014-2018, an objective being led by HOBC.
For more information about the Healthy Ohio Healthy Worksite Award program, visit: http://www.healthyohioprogram.org/businesses/howkawd.aspx.
About Westfield Insurance
Westfield Insurance is a part of Westfield Group, a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses headquartered in Westfield Center, Ohio, and in business for more than 168 years. Westfield Insurance provides commercial insurance in 21 states, personal insurance in 10 states and surety services to customers in 50 states. Westfield is one of the nation’s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, represented by a network of more than 1,000 independent insurance agencies. Westfield Insurance was named as a Top Workplace in northeast Ohio in 2014 and as a Top Workplace in central Ohio in 2015, and as one of the Top 10 Best Private Companies for Leaders by Chief Executive Magazine in 2016. Westfield Bank provides banking solutions for businesses and individuals, and Westfield Services provides service and training support for independent insurance agencies. Learn more about Westfield Group at www.WestfieldInsurance.com and www.Westfield-Bank.com.