Westfield Insurance Recognized as a Fit-Friendly Worksite From American Heart Association<< RETURN HOME
Westfield Center, Ohio, August 10, 2015 - Westfield Insurance, a super-regional, customer-focused insurance carrier, was recognized as a Fit-Friendly Worksite by the American Heart Association. Each year, the American Heart Association (AHA) recognizes employers who go above and beyond when it comes to their employees’ health by helping them “eat better and move more.”
“Westfield is honored and excited to be recognized as a Fit-Friendly worksite,” said Kristine Spelling, benefits leader, Westfield Insurance. “A healthy workforce is essential to improving both the health of our employees and the overall performance of our company.”
As part of its overall health and fitness programs, Westfield offers a variety of health and fitness options, including:
- the My Rewards program, which includes certain biometric screenings and other health-related features that will allow employees to earn up to $150 in gift cards
- wellness programs, such as Beginner’s Fitness and Wellness, Breaking the Pain Chain, Weight Watchers at Work and Lose and Win
- an onsite cafeteria that prepares a daily menu of healthy breakfast and lunch options
- an onsite fitness center at its Home Office and a fitness center reimbursement option for its service office locations
- daily fitness classes at the Home Office, such as body sculpting, kickboxing, Zumba, etc.
- free onsite health services, such as blood pressure and glucose screenings, flu shots, bloodmobile visits, etc.
- intramural sports leagues, including basketball, golf, softball and volleyball
- entrance fee reimbursement for participating in any biking, running or walking event in the employee’s community
Employers in the United States are losing an estimated $225.8 billion annually because of health-related losses in productivity, and those numbers are rising, according to the AHA. Many American adults spend most of their waking hours at sedentary jobs. A lack of regular physical activity raises their risk for a host of medical problems, such as obesity, high blood pressure and diabetes. Employers face $12.7 billion in annual medical expenses due to obesity alone, states the AHA.
About American Heart Association
The American Heart Association is devoted to building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke. Our mission drives everything we do. To improve the lives of all Americans, we provide public health education in a variety of ways. We team with millions of volunteers to fund innovative research, fight for stronger public health policies, and provide lifesaving tools and information to prevent and treat these diseases. The Dallas-based association is the nation’s oldest and largest voluntary organization dedicated to fighting heart disease and stroke. To learn more or join us, call 1-800-AHA-USA1 or any of our offices around the country, or visit www.heart.org .
About Westfield Insurance
Westfield Insurance is a part of Westfield Group, a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses headquartered in Westfield Center, Ohio, and in business for more than 167 years. Westfield Insurance provides commercial insurance in 21 states, personal insurance in 10 states and surety services to customers in 50 states. Westfield is one of the nation’s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, represented by a network of more than 1,000 independent insurance agencies. Westfield Insurance was named as a Top Workplace in northeast Ohio in 2014 and as a Top Workplace in central Ohio in 2015. Westfield Bank provides banking solutions for businesses and individuals, and Westfield Services provides service and training support for independent insurance agencies. Learn more about Westfield Group at www.WestfieldInsurance.com and www.Westfield-Bank.com.