Westfield Insurance Wins Healthy Worksite Award From Ohio Department of Health<< RETURN HOME
Westfield Center, Ohio, February 2, 2015 - Westfield Insurance, a super-regional, customer-focused insurance carrier, was named as a Healthy Worksite Award winner in the Large Company category by the Ohio Department of Health. Held at the Hyatt Regency in Columbus, the 11th annual Healthy Ohio Healthy Worksite Awards ceremony honored those companies that encourage employee wellness through worksite health promotion and wellness programs.
"Westfield is proud to offer a comprehensive approach to preventive health and wellness for our employees," said Kristine Spelling, benefits leader, Westfield Insurance. "A healthy workforce is essential to improving both the health of our employees and the overall performance of our company."
As part of its overall health promotion and wellness programs, Westfield offers a variety of health and fitness options, including:
- the My Rewards program, which includes certain biometric screenings and other health-related features that will allow employees to earn up to $150 in gift cards
- wellness programs, such as Beginner’s Fitness and Wellness, Breaking the Pain Chain, Weight Watchers at Work and Lose and Win
- an onsite cafeteria that prepares a daily menu of healthy breakfast and lunch options
- an onsite fitness center at its Home Office and a fitness center reimbursement option for its service office locations
- daily fitness classes at the Home Office, such as body sculpting, kickboxing, Zumba, etc.
- free onsite health services, such as blood pressure and glucose screenings, flu shots, bloodmobile visits, etc.
- intramural sports leagues, including basketball, golf, softball and volleyball
- entrance fee reimbursement for participating in any biking, running or walking event in the employee’s community
"Employee health and wellness efforts result in major benefits for both employer and employee," said Helene Szczerba, chair of the Healthy Ohio Business Council. "Positive returns on investment are realized in employees who improve their health resulting in decreased rates of absenteeism and increased productivity. Employers also realize reductions in health care costs and an overall increase in productivity and job satisfaction."
A total of 71 companies, cities and townships applied for the 2014 Healthy Ohio Healthy Worksite Awards. Applicants are scored on the extent their wellness programs facilitate and encourage employee health, enhance productivity and ensure a healthy work environment. For more information about the Healthy Ohio Healthy Worksite Award program, visit: http://www.healthyohioprogram.org/businesses/howkawd.aspx.
About Westfield Insurance
Westfield Insurance is a part of Westfield Group, a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses headquartered in Westfield Center, Ohio and in business for more than 167 years. Westfield Insurance provides commercial insurance in 21 states, personal insurance in 10 states and surety services to customers in 50 states. Westfield is one of the nation’s 50 largest property and casualty insurance groups, represented by a network of more than 1,000 independent insurance agencies. Westfield Insurance was named to the 2014 Ward’s 50 list of top performing insurance companies and as a Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. Westfield Bank provides banking solutions for businesses and individuals, and Westfield Services provides service and training support for independent insurance agencies. Learn more about Westfield Group at www.WestfieldInsurance.com and www.Westfield-Bank.com.