Life at Westfield - Work/Life Balance<< RETURN HOME
Work/life balance means a healthy lifestyle in both your work and personal life. The Westfield culture is centered on people...providing an environment where you can be healthy and successful.
Westfield Insurance was recognized as a Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Association’s Start! Fit-Friendly Companies Recognition Program for the third year in a row!
In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Westfield supports employees with unique features and benefits designed to enhance the work/life balance.
- Fitness center (Home Office and CIT): The Westfield Fitness Center is free of charge for employees, their families, and retirees. The Fitness Center features a variety of strength and cardio machines and a weight room. Members can take advantage of fitness classes (including Body Sculpting, Yoga, Kickboxing, Zumba®, Pilates, Ab Attack, and MORE!), personalized workout programs, fitness assessments, and incentive programs. Full service locker rooms are onsite, including towel and laundry service and various amenities.
- Wellness programs: Walking programs, Beginners Running Club, Take the Stairs Campaign and Weight Loss competitions are among the programs offered to employees.
- Health screenings: Onsite health screenings are available to employees. Typical screenings may include blood pressure, glucose, metabolic screenings, skin cancer, postural, mammography, hearing and balance and more!
- Get Moving!: Employees are reimbursed for half of their registration, using Aetna Wellness dollars, for running, walking, and biking events (up to 2 per year).
- Wellness Seminars: Various seminars and workshops are offered, including Golf Conditioning, Healthy Eating, Strength Training, Stress Reduction, Solutions to Sleep, and many more!
- On-site Physical and Occupational Therapy: Westfield partners with an outside vendor to provide on-site therapy for employees.
- Westfield Health and Fitness on Facebook: This page is for employees of Westfield Insurance to stay up-to-date on the fitness trends happening across the U.S. and provide quick facts and information regarding health and wellness. Become a fan!
- Smoke-free environment: Westfield has a tobacco-free policy to improve the indoor air quality and promote the health of all employees.
- Safety: Westfield provides 24/7 security at the home office and CIT locations. Employees can call the safety help line for assistance, and an employee-run safety committee to address any safety concerns.
- Employee Assistance Program: Your overall wellbeing is important. Westfield offers a confidential counseling and referral service for our employees and their families. The EAP provides 24-hour support for many of life's stresses, including emotional concerns, martial problems, family issues, job worries and legal concerns.
- Lactation room: Westfield respects that new mothers often need time and a private location during working hours.
- Corporate massage program: Massage helps reduce fatigue, increase mental alertness and boost productivity. A licensed massage therapist provides chair and table massage services to employees at a discount rate.
- Formal ergonomics program: Employees can have a formal ergonomic assessment at their desks.
- Westfield Gardens: As a part of our ongoing benefits and wellness strategy, we offer employees at our Home Office campus an opportunity to grow their own vegetables through "Westfied Gardens." Teams of 4-7 employees are provided with a garden plot to plant, weed, maintain and harvest their vegetables. Studies show that gardening can provide personal benefits in the way of stress reduction and physical activity...as well as working together in a fun team environment. Given our legacy of Ohio Farmers...it's a natural fit.
- Westfield Market/Smucker Hall cafeteria (Home Office):
- Daily breakfast: featured breakfast daily, plus continental breakfast selections
- Daily lunch selections: soup du jour, hot entree with choice of sides, salad bar, deli, stir fry, grill, and chef's choice exhibition cooking. Healthy choice options are available.
- The Deli: Offering afternoon meals to go and fresh deli meats and cheeses sliced while you wait.
- Bakery: Fresh baked goods including donuts, fresh baked cookies, other baked goods and cakes made-to-order
- Order dinner to go: Choose from our daily selections along with pizzas, subs and fried chicken
- 1881 Cafe (Center for Innovation and Technology): Breakfast and lunch, as well as dinner to go.
- Farmer's Market: Employees at our Home Office campus enjoy a Farmer's Market, offering an abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables for sale during the summer growing season. All fruits and vegetables are grown locally on nearby farms and made available to employees at an affordable price. Our hospitality staff also uses locally grown fruits and vegetables in their dining selections.
- Full-service gift shop (home office): Gifts and company apparel, floral services, film developing, postage stamps, discounts on local events and attractions
- Dry cleaning service (home office): Convenient service saves time for employees
- Employee discounts:
- Entertainment and sporting event tickets
- Cell phone plan discounts
- New car purchase and rental car discount programs
- Flower retailers
- Clothing retailers
- Daycare discounts
- Apartment rental discounts
- Car service discounts
- Cleveland airport parking discounts
- Discount membership to Westfield Group Country Club: Employees are invited to become members of the country club, which includes two 18-hole golf courses, pool, tennis courts, and more. A variety of different membership options are available to employees to accommodate your lifestyle. Discounts on green fees are available for employees who are non-members.
- Country Club dining: Employees are welcome to enjoy lunch at the Grill Room or Club Room at the Westfield Group Country Club during the season.
- Education reimbursement: Westfield encourages employees who want to pursue undergraduate and graduate degrees and offers two programs to help employees pay for college tuition.
- Banking services: Employees of Westfield Group can establish an employee interest checking account with Westfield Bank. This service is designed specifically for employees and offers a number of benefits.
Your work environment
- Flexible work arrangements:Westfield provides options for employees to choose alternate arrangements from the traditional workday, workweek and/or workplace.
- Flex time: Employees and their supervisors can determine the start and finish time of your workday, providing flexibility to meet other commitments in your life.
- Sick time: Full-time employees have five sick days each year that can be used for children or a spouse.
- Vacation: We believe that vacation serves the best interests of both the employee and the organization. For this reason, we require employees to take their vacation time, which is based on years of service.
- Holidays: Westfield employees receive two days for each of the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays, and one day for New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day and Labor Day.
- Respect: Westfield is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Everyone has a right to work in a professional atmosphere without discrimination or harassment, and employees can be confident that these negative practices are not tolerated.
- Business appropriate attire: While formal attire may be necessary on some occasions, for day-to-day business employees can wear "business appropriate attire" – meaning professional business clothing but not suits. Employees working at the CIT building can dress in casual attire.
- Referral program: Westfield Friends is a company-wide job referral program that provides a great opportunity to refer friends, family members and professional associates to Westfield – with the potential to win a cash reward!
- Free parking: Westfield maintains free, convenient parking areas for employees and guests. The home office parking lot has 24/7 security.
- Recognition program: Westfield Excellence is designed to celebrate our employees who are "doing it right" and go above and beyond to achieve outstanding results. Based on the award, employees can choose from a wide selection of gifts to recognize their accomplishments.
- Career Achievement Program: Westfield Group has always felt special achievements deserve special recognition. Westfield Group's Career Achievement Program recognizes those employees having 1, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40 etc., years of service.