Business Owner's Insurance Checklist<< RETURN HOME
This list will make it easier to talk to your agent about what insurance you need. Here are some things your agent will need to know:
- How many years have you owned this business?
- Do you currently have insurance coverage?
- What is your Legal Entity status (Corporation, Partnership, etc)?
- How many locations do you own/occupy?
- Have you had any claims?
- Do you have a need for a Personal Lines, Life, or Health Insurance quote?
- What is the replacement value of your building and/or contents? (How much would it cost to rebuild?)
- How many square feet do you own or occupy?
- Is any of the property that you own located off the premises?
General Liability Questions
- What are your current liability limits?
- Please describe your operations and answer the question "What do you do?"
- What are your annual payroll and sales figures?
- If you are a contractor, do you hire subcontractors to do your work?
- What is your current Liability limit? What are your current Uninsured/Underinsured limits?
- Please have a list of vehicles to be insured under this policy.
- Is this a complete list of all your owned autos?
- Please have a list of employees that drive the vehicles listed above.
- Do you have full coverage on these vehicles and if so, at what deductibles?