About Us<< RETURN HOME
Westfield's VisionWestfield is a customer-focused insurance and banking group of businesses.
Our winning vision embraces innovation and opportunities in a changing world. Our strength comes through relationships we have built with employees, business partners and customers. The product we offer our customer is peace of mind and our promise of protection is supported by a commitment to service excellence provided by an exceptional team of diverse people.
Our success will be based upon knowledge, trust, integrity, respect and stewardship.
A.M. Best Financial Strength Rating: A
Westfield is rated "A" (Excellent) for financial strength by A.M. Best, and we have had an "A" or higher rating for the past 75 years. A Bestís Financial Strength Rating is an independent opinion of an insurerís financial strength and ability to meet its ongoing insurance policy and contract obligations. To learn more about our Best rating, read the Best's Review article, "Standing the Test of Time" (PDF).
- One of the largest non-public companies in Ohio and the largest employer in Medina County
- Provides commercial and personal insurance in 21 states and surety services to customers in 31 states, through a network of more than 1,200 leading independent insurance agencies
- $3.7 billion in consolidated assets and $1.4 billion in written premium
- Largest writer of contract performance bonds in Ohio
- Among the top writers of farm business in the United States
- Partner with Ford Motor Company Fund and The Governors Highway Safety Association for Driving Skills for Life
- Official Insurance Company of the Mid-Ohio Driving School
- Sponsor of Road Safe Teens, a FREE condensed version of the Honda Teen Defensive Driving program at the Mid-Ohio Driving School.
- Sponsor of WEWS Newschannel 5 Academic Challenge (Cleveland); KDKA CBS (Pittsburgh) Westfield Insurance Hometown HighQ; WTHR (Indianapolis)†Brain Game; CW-58 (Nashville) Quizbusters; WGAL BrainBusters (Lancaster)
- Sponsor of the Cleveland Cavaliers Straight-A All Stars
For more information about Westfield, get our Company Profile (PDF)
- Gold Level Recipient of the American Heart Associationís Start! Fit-Friendly Companies Recognition Program for the third year in a row.
- 2012 Best Companies for Leaders - Chally Group
- National 2011 PIA Company Award of Excellence
- 2011 Insurance Standard of Excellence WebAward (Web Marketing Association)
- 2011 Applied Systems Interface Partner Award
- 2011 Best Practices Award from The Data Warehousing Institute (TDWI)
- Top 10 for Ease of Doing Business
- Top 10 Best Employers in Ohio (Society for Human Resource Management)
- Best of Show and Award of Excellence (Insurance Marketing Communications Association 2010 Annual Showcase Awards)
- North America's Top Small to Mid-size Companies for Leaders (Hewitt Associates)
- Top 50 Property and Casualty in United States
Westfield's home office is located in Northeast Ohio, in the town of Westfield Center. We're part of the "Cleveland Plus" region, the 12th largest region in the U.S. and home to over 4 million residents.
- Ohio Farmers Insurance Company
- Westfield Insurance Company
- Westfield National Insurance Company
- American Select Insurance Company
- Old Guard Insurance Company
Where We Do Business
Our Mix of Business